About Dar-Tech, Inc.
- Founded in 1951, dar-tech, inc. has grown into one of the major manufacturers’ representatives and distributors of specialty chemicals, raw materials and laboratory equipment in the Midwest.
- The company, first known as the Steven F. Dimlich Co., then as the Dimlich-Radcliffe Co., was focused primarily on the chemical coatings industry.
- In 1962, diversification was pursued in plastic, ink, rubber, adhesive and ceramic markets. Walt Walburn joined the company in 1967, and James Benduhn joined in 1972. In 1972 the company name changed to dar-tech, inc. The “dar” stands for “Dimlich and Radcliffe” as a nod to the founders.
- In 1998, Thomas Kramer joined dar-tech, inc. as CFO.
- In 2012, Walt Walburn succeeded to chairman of the board and Brett Walburn to president. In 2011, James Benduhn assumed the role of senior vice president, and in 2011 Pete Marek assumed the role of vice president.
- In 2017, Thomas Dressel joined dar-tech, inc.’s ownership team and in 2018 assumed the role of sales manager.
- In 2020, Gina Tabasso joined the team as marketing director.
- dar-tech began a new distributor relationship with ZS Interpolymer in 2021.
- The past years have seen the expansion of sales offices and warehouses established in Buffalo, New York, Cincinnati, Ohio, and Louisville, Kentucky.
- The dar-tech market area includes all of Ohio and its bordering states of Michigan, Upstate Western New York, Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, along with North and South Carolina & Tennessee in the Southeast and Illinois & Wisconsin in the Midwest.
- dar-tech is an active member of The National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD). NACD’s Responsible Distribution Process is ingrained in all facets of our daily operations, which provides us with a unique advantage amid the industry’s ISO Certification requirements.
To Our Suppliers:
dar-tech professionally represents our principals’ product lines to customers with an effective sales, logistics, and supply chain management system, as well as provides principals with valuable market knowledge, responsive support, marketing services, and the benefit of extending their sales arm through our established relationships with our customers.
To Our Customers:
dar-tech provides access to industry-respected manufacturers and formulators with high-quality, well-known specialty chemical products, an effective logistics network, and a responsive sales and customer service staff, all of whom deliver technical support with a customer-focused, personal approach.
dar-tech‘s focus is on being recognized as the premier source for quality products and service. Total customer and principal satisfaction is achieved by our superior technical and marketing support along with outstanding customer service; this distinguishes dar-tech as a recognized sales organization leader.